- The junction layout makes it seem like the cycle route already has priority.
- There is a raised table where it crosses the road.
- The crossing is set back from the junction allowing vehicles to turn and then give way.
- There is ample visibility from all directions.
- The volume of traffic on the road in and out of the junction is low as it’s a cul-de-sac.
October 18th: We raised this with County Cycling Officer when he attended our meeting. He said that there would be resistance from the Highways Engineers but that the junction was ideally suited to having the change and that it would be relatively inexpensive to do.
November 6th: Shape Your Place post approved -http://ely.shapeyourplace.org/2013/11/06/give-cycle-route-priority-at-the-chase/
November 7th: REply form Cambs CC
Your suggestion has been considered by the relevant team within the Highways Service, which has concluded that, because of the close proximity of the crossing to the road junction, the traffic priorities are safer in their current form.
Consequently, in the interests of highway safety, there will be no proposals to change the priority at this junction.